Saturday, November 15, 2014

Praying God will move Heaven and Earth

I know. I know. It's been forever since the last adoption update and most of you have just stopped checking altogether. Don't blame you. We hit a bit of a standstill in the process after a super successful first fundraiser in the garage sale and the initial meetings for our home study and I just stopped writing.
I wish I hadn't. I wish I had record of the thoughts, the feelings, the prayers and questions and God's faithful answers. I wish I had kept my friends and family more in the loop so they would know how to pray and what to say when we needed it most, but here we go. Starting fresh.
Recent information has made us aware that it could still be about a year before we ever have a referral in our hands, but we are praying that "God will move Heaven and Earth to bring our little girl home to us". Now, I'm not going to pretend to put a definition or outline on what that should look like, I only know that it is my God Size Dream and prayer.
I miss a little girl I've never met, I don't even know her name. I miss her like she is mine and I can not get to her to bring her home, where she belongs. My heart longs to lavish love on her and my arms ache to hold her. My heart grows weary of the wait but more in love with her with every passing day.

Our home study is signed, sealed and delivered. We have gotten our USCIS fingerprinting form signed and stamped. We are currently waiting on the final apostilled documents to be returned to us so that our completed dossier (collection of official papers needed to adopt a child) is ready to send to our adoption agency and then off to Poland for translation. Apparently the translation could take up to 2 months and then a referral would normally take from 6-10 months. This is where it gets hard. We had hoped to have her home by the time we now understand we will just be getting a referral with a picture of her precious face and record of her given name.

Please join us as we pray and seek God's guidance in every step of this process. Pray that the Father of Lies would be unable to sway or deceive us in times where the path doesn't seem clear or are not going as we had planned.

And, STAY TUNED!!! We've got a TShirt design primed and ready to go live any day now for our newest fundraising effort (thanks to Jessica Wise).

No comments:

Post a Comment